1) To promote the mental, moral, and physical development of its members.
2) To instill in its members the ideals of honesty, fairness, courage, respect, loyalty, dependability, attention to duty, love of God, and fidelity to our country and its institutions.
3) To stimulate an interest in, and respect for, academic achievement and the history and traditions of the United States of America.
4) To promote physical fitness through the conduct of physical activities, including participation in athletic events and close order drill.
5) To advocate a drug-free lifestyle through a continual drug prevention education program.
From this day forward, I sincerely promise, I will set an example for all other youth to follow, and I shall never do anything that would bring disgrace or dishonor upon my God, my Country and its flag, my parents, myself or the Young Marines. These I will honor and respect in a manner that will reflect credit upon them and myself.
Obey my parents and all others in charge of me whether young or old.
Keep myself neat at all times without other people telling me to.
Keep myself clean in mind by attending the church of my faith.
Keep my mind alert to learn in school, at home or at play.
Remember having self-discipline will enable me to control my body and mind in case of an emergency